Monday, August 27, 2007

The Cake!

I agonized over what to do for Jenae's fish brithday cake. I don't know anyone here who does cakes, and I wasn't thrilled with the ones you find in the grocery store bakeries. Last year my friend Jennifer made an awesome cake for her birthday, so I knew the stakes were high. Plus, my sister took a Wilton cake decorating class last year and has become the pro and I knew she'd be eyeing my work pretty closely too. I'd seen some really cute ideas online, but thought there was no way I could replicate them, seeing as I'd never done cakes before. However, with a "little" coaching from my mom and lots of STRESS, I did it. I'm pretty proud of my little fish cake:




Here's the cake Jennifer did for Jenae's 1st birthday:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
What a fantastic job you did on the birthday cake. I am sure that it tasted as good as it looked. Way to go!!! You might have yourself a little business going on. Great job!

Love ya,
Homie

letti said...

wow, that's one awesome cake! Yay debbie!

letti ( from Sha Sha's bible class )