Saturday, June 09, 2007

My Dream Date

This is my husband. Not too long ago he planned the perfect surprise date for me. Looking back, I can recall conversations where I know he was gathering data, but at the time it was a surprise. We did all the things I love to do, but often don't have time to do. It started by dropping Jenae off at Shasha and Bappa's house! :o) A great start, huh?! He took me to a quick lunch and then to CVS where we picked up vacation pictures from last year...that he had uploaded and ordered, unknown to me. Then we drove across town to Hobby Lobby! Yeah! He gave me a shopping spree to get stuff to do our Disney scrapbook. What fun!
I knew we had dinner reservations later that day, so I kept wondering when we would have time to scrap since we'd still have to change and then stay the night at his parents'. Well, after driving around Abilene some more we pulled in here:

Who-hoo! No more Mommy duty for the whole evening! And, it was only 2:30! We had the whole day ahead of us! I was very excited. Now, here shows how sneaky Jordan was...he had loaded my srcapbook cart into the truck as well as my swimsuit and other things we wouldn't have needed if we were "just" going on a dinner date. This was all about me and things I enjoy! It was so lovely!


I scrapped *most* of the afternoon and Jordan even helped me some! Then we got ready to go out to dinner. We went to our favorite place in Abilene and realized we'd never been there alone. We'd always been with his parents or with Jenae in tow, or both. The big guy picked up the tab for the whole weekend! Thanks to some special ministry he had done we had some extra income that covered our time together!
We had so much fun just being together and resting and relaxing. It was nice to have no agenda, get to sleep late and enjoy each other. We ended our special date with a lite lunch here, my other favorite place in Abilene.

Jordan, thank you so much for loving me in all the ways you do. Thank you for such a fantastic weekend. You gave me more than I could have expected. I love you and can't wait to do it again! ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you and Jordan got to spend some "quality" time together. If the day ever comes for me, I hope that my husband is as thoughtful as yours! It looked like you both had a great and relaxing time. Cherish your special times together.

Love ya,
Tonya