Saturday, May 26, 2007

Wednesday Night

When we first moved to Winters I had a really tough time. Jenae was the only kid in her age group (o-3 years). She was used to going to class with many kids her own age. And now she had to have class by herself. I didn't like our new situation. Not at all. Now...I love it! Jenae has made friends with people of all ages, not just other little people :o). She goes to Bible Class with 3-5 year olds and you wouldn't even know it. Her teacher was very skeptical at first when I suggested this plan. Admittedly, the first week or two were "difficult." But today, you would think she was on her way to Kindergarten like the others.
Another thing I truly enjoy is watching Jenae learn to care for people of all ages. This lady pictured above and below is Mamie Dell. I don't dare try to guess how old she is. She is one of our elder's wives. This past Wednesday, she was heading across the parking lot to the church building when Jenae caught up with her, took her hand, and led her to the entry stairs. So precious! Before she let Mamie Dell go, it looked like there were a few things she wanted her to know. I'm so proud of this little girl...and thankful for this church family who is nurturing her faith.
The pictures below all were taken this past Wednesday. For the first time, there was another little girl her age at church, so she just came to the big kids class, too! It is so fun to see new faces at church.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better watch out or she will be like jennie and start teaching the class.

The toes looked nice too.

GM & GP

Anonymous said...

I am writing this while both of my girls are asleep. I am constantly amazed at the lessons that God is giving me from being a father and a husband, and I thank God for such wonderful companions in life!

Jordan

Anonymous said...

jenae seems to be quit the little helper. So great that she is learning it while she is young, but she has great parents to give her good influence.

Love you all!
Homie

Anonymous said...

We miss y'all a lot here! I'm so glad Jenae is fitting in so well there! Here in about 8 wks or so, we'll get to meet our baby girl! We're so excited! ---Jennifer Joyner