Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Painting the Parsonage

The parsonage the church provides us is such a blessing! We love being this close to our church building and it's been so convenient on numerous occasions. There are many things we love about this house and the things we don't we simply say, "It's okay we didn't choose this house." Except for one thing...the dark, glossy paneling that was everywhere! This house doesn't have many windows, and with the paneling it was just too dark and depressing. In the middle of the afternoon you'd have thought it was time for baths and bed. So I started talking to people who talked to people until I got permission to paint it! :o) I was scared and excited. I took several before and after shots. Neither really show how bad it was or the true color it is now, but hopefully it will give you an idea of how much it changed.

This is the entry way, obviously looking towards the front door:

This is looking into the family room from the entry way:
This is in the family room looking at the back door and breakfast area:

My next projects are to update some of the light fixtures, like the one above, and to try to put down some wood flooring in the entry way. The tile in there now is definitely from the 70's. I'll keep you posted on those too. It's so fun working on a house that isn't "yours." No worries if you "mess up." Ha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on painting the house! It all looked really good!! The pictures don't do it justice. Way to go on your first big painting project!!!

Love and miss you all-
Homie

debbie said...

You are just glad I got it all done before you got here. I know it wasn't what you wanted to do on your vacation!

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

I was glad I found your blog it has been fun to keep up with the Hubbards! Jenae is growing so quickly. The house looks great you have to tell me the color of your paint! It sounds like Winters has been a great move for your family. Take care. Julie Fielder

debbie said...

Hi Julie! Thanks for the comment. You be glad to know the color started out to be "Blonde." Sound familiar? But then I found a color a little bit darker called "Crisp Wheat." I really like it and it seemed very appropriate out here in these parts of the world! :o)