Thursday, January 08, 2009

Keeping it Real!

I'm so far behind (again) I'm not sure where to start! So to avoid all the posts that I should be doing....you know...Santa pics, Christmas morning, all the extended family...I'll just jump back in with a story from this morning.

We've been trying to reduce Jenae's sugar intake in a effort to help correct some "attitude" problems we'd encountered. It really has been helping, yet one of our biggest struggles continues to be with how much juice she drinks.

This morning she went to Jordan to ask for some juice...I wasn't there, but I hear it went a little something like this:

Jenae: I want juice, Daddy.
Daddy: No, Jenae.
J: YES!
D: No, Jenae. No juice.
J: YES! YES!
D: Jenae, don't yell at me.
J: I'm not yelling. I'm whining.

There ya go!! We may not know all our ABC's but we know the difference between yelling and whining!

Bring it on 2009!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

HAHA! Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but it truly is hilarious! Smart girl!

Lauren Edwards said...

First, let me say that I have restrained myself from commenting on EVERY one of the ADORABLE posts of your BEAUTIFUL girls...until now. Get ready for comment overload!

I read the juice thing, though, and remembered about some twin boys I used to babysit who drank juice like crazy! (Seriously, they drank it until they had diarrhea every day...not pleasant.) Anyway, their parents started majorly diluting the juice with water, and the kids never could really tell. We would put a little more than 1/2 water in each "juice" glass, and they never caught on. (And as a future dentist I am obligated to tell you-it's much better for their little teeth that way!)

I'm sure you probably already knew/have tried this cuz you're an excellent mama, but just in case--I thought I'd mention it!