Monday, December 04, 2006

Catching Up

At least I warned you. Weeks have now passed with no new entries. We have been super busy and we don't have many signs of slowing down. But, Jenae is taking a nap and I've already mapped out our afternoon of errands, so let me catch you up.

The weekend before Thanksgiving Jordan had a retreat to speak at, so Jenae and I packed up and headed down to Houston to visit our friends the Duncans. Our other friend, Homie, was going to spend the week of Thanksgiving with them, so this way we all got to be together for a few days.

It was such great fun! Times with old friends where you can just hang out, laugh and share life are the best!! We've all been friends for over 12 years. Homie and I were on a campaign to Brazil when Anna Beth was just days old. Now AB is in Junior High helping me take care of my own girl!

We did lots of eating out which was great since there aren't so many restaurant choices here in B-town. Here we are at Piccomolo enjoying our icecream cones. This may be Emma's fav hangout since she asked to go there every night!We also enjoyed eating at Beck's Burgers. The best part here was the setting. The have two humongous trees out back with patio dining. Seriously, check out those trees! All those branches from two tree trunks. The weather was perfect to be outside.










Xtreme Pizza might have been the most extreme food I've consumed in a long time! Emma did a great job handling hers.


The Duncs were great hosts. Thanks for the great weekend! We'll be coming back and we might even let Jordan come :o)
P.S. Homie, there are no pictures of you because of the threats I received. Sorry. But, I hear you make an awesome Sweet Potato Pie!

OK, I just found this one...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There could have been more pics if we would have taken the picture of us in our "new" Christmas pajamas!! Thanks for not putting the other pic on. You are a great friend for that!! Yes, it was a great time had by all. It was fun getting together and talking/sharing old stories about our many funny adventures together. WE definitely need to do it again next year sometime. It should be made an annual event. It was great spending time with Jenae! Of course, I don't like that I have to share her with everyone. :0) Thanks for the good times and for your friendship that I treasure dearly. I miss you my friend!! That means you to Jordan. Maybe we can work something out for Spring Break. Love ya, Miss ya, Mean it!!

Homie

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, forgot to add this on there, the sweet potate pies were awesome!!! That is just what the Duncans kept telling me. I bragged a little, but they enjoyed them very much!! Maybe I will make you one someday!!

Homie

Smileyneel :O) said...

How about making an annual to event and traveling to Chemnitz to visit me!! Y'all could come together and then it wouldn't be so bad for Homie to fly alone!!!!!!!

debbie said...

Karen, that would so awesome! Did I mention it only took 2 1/2 hours to drive to Houston and 1 tank of gas for the weekend? If you can get prices that low, then I'm in! Without a doubt, I'd be there...baby luggage and all!