Thursday, December 07, 2006

Trimming the Tree


Jenae is such a great age to start enjoying all the fun of the holidays! She is just in awe of the twinkling lights and loves the decorations she sees everywhere we go. I was worried about her wanting to destroy the tree, but she has done so well. We let her put this snowman ornament on the tree, then explained that we don't touch the tree we just look at it. And, that is what she's done! I'm so proud of her.

We still need to make a trip to the mall to see Santa. There's no doubt her name is on the good list this year. Maybe this weekend we can do that.

Living in a small town there are some fun holiday happening that take place. We have always been able to go to many of them; we'll see if Jenae is up for it this year. If so, know you'll get to read about it here first!

It is time for our playgroup, so we better get going. The pies turned out great last night. I'll post a link to the church's photo page once they are online. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Smileyneel :O) said...

OH man she is such a cutie! I hope you guys will have a great Christmas and especially an eventful Christmas morning!

debbie said...

Thanks so much Karen. We gave her an early present--a Nativity set, and the rumors are true...she's enjoyed the box much longer than the actual gift inside. If she likes boxes, then she'll be set on Christmas! Should be fun!

Anonymous said...

My Jenae is growing up!! How cute are those pics. As Debbie stated on her comment last time, I only come to see pictures of my sweet Jenae!!! It makes me feel like I am right there with her watching her grow up! Karen, if you posted cute pics of Jenae on your blog, I would read/comment daily. ha,ha,ha
I am with Debbie if you can get us great deals on flights then it would be fun to come for a visit. Maybe you can come home for a visit and we can go to Deb's for a fun time! I as well would like to master the chocolate chip cookie recipe. There is something that Denecia does to it that makes it FANTASTIC!! Maybe when Mother Hubbard masters it she can teach me. I have tried, but something isn't right. Again the new pics are very, very cute! Please give Jenae a big hug and kiss from me. Miss you all very much. Give Jordan a hug to(so he doesn't get jealous of Jenae)!! Take care Karen and tell the peeps in Germany(that i know), what's up!!!! Have a great day everyone!!

debbie said...

Just so you know, Homie, I have mastered the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. There is dough in my freezer right now! Yumm Yumm!

Anonymous said...

Can you please teach me how to master the dough? I can't do it right. Maybe that is something we can work on over Spring Break if I get to come and visit.

Also, tell Jordan that I am looking forward to seeing him as well. I don't know what my plans are right now.

Love, love!!