Thursday, April 19, 2007

Work & Play

Sweet Girl
Since the rains have finally stopped for a while, we spent a great deal of time outside today. We had lots of projects to do. And Jenae set about them in all seriousness! (I can hardly get that girl to smile for a picture anymore.)

We needed to get some plants potted that we bought before all the rain. Jenae's practiced with her shovel at the playground, but obviously if you look at the patio, we still have a little bit more work to do with our hand-eye coordination skills.

She was very determined. Bit by bit some dirt would actually land in the planter.

Dirty Hands
by Jenae Hubbard

Enough work...Let's swing!!!
(Notice she's holding the bubble wand in her hand.)

After all her hard work, Jenae was rewarded with her first introduction to Sidewalk Chalk. This was a gift the Easter bunny brought. Let's just say that dollar the bunny spent at Dollar General was a great investment for an afternoon of fun.
It's a good thing we have a large back patio! We may have to decorate the sidewalk
over the church next time if we run out of room.
(You can see the "finished" planters back behind Jenae.)

THE END!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pics! I felt like I was right along with you all through the whole process. Maybe Jenae would like to come and help me plant flowers in my flowerbed. I could use all the help I can get. No greenthumb for me yet. I am still in the learning stage. I loved "the end" pic. Very cute. Hugs and Kisses,
Homie

debbie said...

Thanks Homie! Jenae would love to help you sometime. Just remember you'll need to have something on hand to reward her hard work. She doesn't work for free!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie! We miss you so much here in Belton. I'm almost 27wks now. I can't believe it. Abriella Grace will be here in no time! Amanda and I went to Babies-r-Us today so she could tell me what I needed and didn't need. Very helpful to have knowledgeable people around! Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

New update please!! She is growing as I write this!! Miss and love you all!

Homie