Wednesday, July 09, 2008

4th of July

On Wednesday, July 2, some of our friends had an early 4th picnic. We went over to their place after church and enjoyed a great night of fun. It was a yummy potluck and they had one of the local bands come and play. Since I knew we'd be at the lake on the 4th I used this opportunity to have the girls dress up in their holiday shirts! (Thanks, Aunt Jenni!)

Okay, so if I thought it was hard enough to get a good picture of Jenae by herself..."sit still, look at the camera, smile, no, a real smile" etc., etc. You can only imagine how much more difficult it became when I added "hold your sister" to those instructions. Ha! Impossible! But I tried.

I do have hope, though. Below is a picture of Jenae and her cousin, Jaycie. They are exactly two years apart in age. Yes, they both have cheesy smiles, but they are smiles and they are looking at the camera. So, I'm thinking in two more years when Avery is Jenae's age and Jenae is Jaycie's age...THEN I'll get some good pictures of my girls.Each year on July 4th a family from church hosts a group of us out at their lake house in Brownwood. This was our second year to go and we had a blast! Jenae was just like a little fish swimming all over the place. We rode in the boat and Jenae even took her first ride on a jetski. So many times I wished I'd had my camera, but it wasn't worth having it lay around the deck with the potential risk of losing it. But, here are some shots I did get:

Jenae and Daddy taking a break from swimming

These stairs led from the dock down into the lake. They were wonderful!
Jenae spent so much time just going up and down and up and down.

Swimming

Getting some sun on the top deck with Momma


Avery just chilled the entire time. The first afternoon she slept almost 5 hours down on the dock. I think she loved the motion of the water and the cool shade.

Sweet, baby girl

One exhausted little girl.
This photo was taken about 6 pm, so you know she was wore out.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How incredibly SWEET does Avery look in that little outfit and hat??? PRECIOUS!!! Oh, and I totally hear you on the picture thing. There's no such thing as a photo where both girls are looking at the camera, much less smiling!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures. I can't wait to see and hold Avery for the first time. Love and miss you all!

Homie