Tuesday, October 28, 2008

'Nastics

Monday evening was "Parent Night" at Jenae's gymnastics class. Jordan's class in Abilene was cancelled so he got to go along for the show...or maybe the show was just for him, I'm not sure. Needless to say, little miss really put on a show!
(Warning: If you are not family, or better yet, if you're not Jenae's grandparents, you probably will get nauseated after about the first bazillion pictures...but hang on 'cause I posted a gazillion of them. Sorry!)

These first ones were taken during the warm-up. They rotate continuously through different stations.
Tumbling....

Jumping...
Horse tumbling...


After about 10-15 minutes they stop and do some stretching and musical 'circle' games...
Back flips...

For the rest of the time they break into small groups and do different stations than before, rotating every 5-10 minutes.

Uneven bars...


Floor exercises...

Jumping and balance...

This is the one thing I didn't know they did. I was a little leery at first, but Jenae loved it. In fact, she giggled almost the entire time. Silly girl. Her coach told me he thought she was "fearless."


High in the sky...getting ready to swing....
Loving every minute...

Trampoline...

A few push-ups to end the session....
Whew! I was tired just watching her!!! I really was so proud of her. The class is for 3 to 5/6 year-olds. Jenae was technically still 2 years old when classes started, but her coach agreed to give it a try. The very first day we stayed for about 10 minutes before the coach "encouraged" us to leave. During those 10 minutes it was very clear that Jenae was the smallest, youngest thing out there. She hadn't started school yet either, so this was her first structured class and her first thing to do without Momma and Daddy being right there.
I'm not going to lie...Monday night you could still guess she was the youngest. She doesn't know her left from her right. She's not the first to follow instructions. She'll let others go before her in the line. She's in her own happy place. But what I loved was seeing her be proud of herself, doing things someone else had taught her, and knowing that she knew we were proud of her!! I can already tell you I'm the mom who's going to need tissues at the little PTA choir performances. (Whaaa!)

I love my little gymnast!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks like she's having a really good time! That's good that she enjoys it. I have to admit I caught myself tearing up just a bit while looking at the pics!! love ya, Karen

debbie said...

Aww, Karen! She's growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

i am getting a little teary eyed just looking at the pics. She looks like she is having a blast!! Maybe when she comes for Christmas, she can put on a show for us.

Thanks for sharing your memories with us all.

Love and miss you all!
Homie