Thursday, October 09, 2008

Southern Belle

You may remember at the end of last summer Jenae and I traveled with Mimommie up to Pennsylvania in the motorhome for her Sojourn. We had the best time! The driving was fun as well as all the sightseeing we got to do (Amish country, Philadelphia and Hershey).
One of the best parts was getting to meet Mimommie's friends. They are wonderful...and not just because they would go eat ice cream EVERY night. They love the Lord and are using their time and money and lives to serve him.
Well, Jenae hit it off with a couple from Alabama named Ann and Leo. I wish you could hear Ann say "Alabama." It's so cute and d-r-a-w-n out. Love it!
Little did we know then how talented our new friend Ann is. Mimommie called us one day in July and wanted Jenae's measurements. She said Ann wanted to make her a dress. I didn't think a whole lot about it until we received the package in the mail. Then, I couldn't believe my eyes. Who knew a person could actually make something like this!! I knew you could buy it at the store...if you wanted to spend that much money...but...WOW! Check it out:

Thank you, Ann! We love the dress! What an absolutely wonderful gift! May God continue to bless you as you are such a blessing to so many!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi Debbie,
What beautiful girls! I am a VERY old friend of Jordan and Jason's. We use to hang out when we were very little. I have always wondered how the boys were and what they were when they grew up and I was so pleasantly surprised when I found your blog. It was such a thrill to see Jordan as a grown man and so happy. I remember him as the sweetest, kindest little boy- looks like he hasn't changed much! Ask him if he remembers Ashley B. I have a blog also and love reading yours! How are his parents and brother? I would love to catch up more.

Till then,
Ashley

Amanda said...

How beautiful! I knew people made stuff like that, but I've never actually KNOWN anyone who did! Jenae is so blessed to have that dress to treasure forever!

Jennifer said...

Oh wow! That is a beautiful dress!! What an awesome gift!!