Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Carvin'

BEFORE:
Happy Girl, Boring Pumpkin

AFTER:
Happy Girl, Happy Pumpkin



Last night I made the plan for today: pumpkin carving, library, naps and then gymnastics. Well, I woke up grumpy, or maybe it was Jenae...or maybe both of us. Needless to say, we weren't really getting along. Scratch the pumpkin. Too messy. Too likely to fight. We're not going there today. Avery went down for her morning nap, things seemed to have settled a bit between Jenae and I, so...we went for it. I'm so glad we did. We had lots of fun planning our face, getting the slimy strings out of the pumpkin, and then admiring our hard work.

One of the fun things about this activity is that after all your hard work you get to eat a snack!! Add a little salt, a little butter....spread them on a cookie sheet...in the oven at 300 for 45 minutes...and Yummy! Roasted pumpkin seeds!!! A remember making this delicious snack in school when I was a little girl.
This was a fun morning! Good-bye, Momma and Daughter Grumpy!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, fun! Can you all carve me a pumpkin as well and send it to me? I need one for my front porch. You both do such a great job when you are working together and not grumpy! Glad the grumps went away and you both had a great time. I know those are moments that Jenae will treasure forever.

Love ya,
Homie

Anonymous said...

By the way, nice apron you have on Jenae!!

Homie

Anonymous said...

What a great pumpkin! How could anyone have the grumps with a pumpkin face like that! You both did a great job and looks like you had fun doing it! Glad it worked out in the end. love you guys, Karen

Anonymous said...

Very nice pumpkin transformation.

Who ate the most roasted pumpkin seeds? I hope Jenae ate some!

Wish we could have been there for the official lighting.

Grandma and Grandpa

Amanda said...

How fun! I should really do that with Bethany, but I've never really done it and don't know how.

I totally understand those "grumpy" days where you just can't seem to get along. Glad that you got past it and had some fun!

debbie said...

I'm so glad the happy pumpkin chased away the grumpy girls!

Those seeds were pretty yummy!

Jordan